Highly accurate vehicle sensors that communicate in real time – to drivers and signage for guidance and compliance staff for enforcement – deliver significant ‘intelligent city’ benefits to all on-street and off-street parking environments. Duncan Solutions has many years of ‘vehicle detection sensor technology’ experience.
For professional mapping and installation, the provision of accurate parking availability, the efficient routing of compliance staff to overstay vehicles and their empowerment using a simple, seamless enforcement application, and the implementation of strategies that change driver habits, reduce congestion, and free up parking spaces,
Duncan Solutions is your lowest risk vehicle sensing partner.
The information captured by sensors and used by the parking enforcement officers to issue infringements demands impeccable accuracy. With significant experience integrating our parking meters and AutoISSUE infringement issuance application to third-party vehicle sensors, we at Duncan Solutions provide detection technology superior to all others.
Our vehicle sensor technology ensures 99 per cent of all vehicle events are accurately detected and monitored. Duncan’s sensors and PEMS delivers:
- Comprehensive reporting and analysis functionality
- Seamless integration with paid parking meters, handheld infringement devices, and off-street parking programmes.
Features of Duncan’s Vehicle Sensors
- 99 per cent vehicle detection accuracy
- Supports demand pricing via parking meters or Pay by Phone
- Time of flight radar technology
- Integrated with our PEMS platform
- Low latency – 99 per cent of events communicated to PEMS within 30 seconds
- Provides valuable real-time and historical parking occupancy information, supporting traffic engineering and town planning analysis
- Tightly integrated with the AutoISSUE infringement issuance application
- Captures and transmits occupancy data in real time
- Transmits information to officer handheld devices, parking guidance applications, and digital signage
- Real-time guided enforcement for parking officers
- Real-time control over time paid at parking meters
- Evidence is legal, admissible and proven in Australian courts
Benefits of implementing our vehicle detection technology
- Enforcement information captured is highly reliable evidence that be proven in Court
- Supports ‘Smart City’ strategies for ‘sliding tariffs’, ‘dynamic pricing’, and ‘wayfinding/driver guidance’
- Ability to provide a configurable free parking strategy for paid parking sites, where applicable
- Optimal compliance and enforcement methodology – remote overstay monitoring
- Eliminates injuries sustained through chalking tyres, and reduces exposure to moving traffic, for compliance staff.
- Ability to provide 15 minutes free parking strategy for paid parking sites, where applicable
- Reduced exposure to potential abuse and assault
- Reduces injuries sustained through bending or chalking tyres in confined and dangerous areas between vehicles or through exposure to moving traffic
How It Works
The vehicle sensor is positioned in the centre of the parking bay, and detects a car’s arrival as it enters the parking space. The sensor consistently monitors the vehicle’s presence in the bay until the driver re-enters the vehicle and the vehicle departs. All information pertaining to the arrival and departure of the vehicle is sent back to PEMS, where it is recorded and managed according to the time of day, the bay location, any applicable parking restrictions, and any additional event or clearway information that may affect the status of the parking bay and the vehicle parked within it.
Our vehicle sensors transmit all occupancy data in real time via wireless gateways, which are attached to lighting poles, buildings or other infrastructure provided by the local Council. The gateways send the data to the PEMS management system, which processes the information and enables it to be accessed by officers in the field through their handheld devices.
Each sensor requires very little electrical charge, and is powered by ‘D’ cell (1.5V) batteries. The sensor casings are manufactured from robust, strengthened plastic material and are covered under warranty for up to four years.