Duncan’s PEMS drives real-time data exchange and workflows between wirelessly-enabled paid parking equipment, cameras and vehicle sensor monitoring, digital signage, field service applications, payment and parking guidance applications, and enforcement software.
PEMS provides operations staff with real-time parking site information, enabling timely enforcement and asset maintenance decisions that optimise efficiencies and revenues from on- and off-street operations. PEMS is the industry standard for an open platform hosted solutions facilitating optimal user experiences and maximising parking site efficiency and effectiveness.
What can PEMS do for you?
PEMS is an integrated parking platform that manages and supports real-time data feeds to and from:
- Infringement issuance technology
- Parking meters, pay-by-phone services
- Vehicle sensors and inground loops
- Licence plate recognition technology (fixed and mobile)
- Parking guidance applications and digital signage
- Field service management solutions
- Real-time operational and financial dashboards
This allows for business intelligence reporting across all aspects of parking operations, including:
- Financial audit and reconciliation
- Financial and operational performance
- Financial and operational prevision
- Equipment performance
- Staff performance
PEMS facilitates the transmission of all parking-related data in real time, which is displayed via a web browser user interface, providing the most comprehensive and transparent view of parking operation performance. PEMS is level 1 PCI-DSS certified and employs industry standard encryption protocols across all data type and transmissions.
PEMS – Intelligent parking for Smart Cities
Duncan Solutions designed PEMS to be user-friendly, enabling clients to self-manage their own portal simply and easily.
PEMS works in situations from a single parking machine/sensor/issuance device through to an operation containing thousands of meters/sensors/cameras and many issuance devices, variable pricing schemes and maintenance teams.
As a web application, PEMS is accessible on any internet-enabled device, available anywhere, anytime.
PEMS – managing intelligent parking
“When 33% of urban traffic is actively seeking a parking space, intelligent transportation technology is the key to better parking management.”
“The adage that ‘You can’t manage what you can’t measure’ fits parking perfectly.”
– Professor Donald Shoup, Distinguished Research Professor of Urban Planning, UCLA.
Duncan’s open platform – PEMS enables authorities to manage and measure every aspect of their parking and enforcement operation, be it a small site that only issues digital infringements, through to a large integrated installation that combines parking machines, vehicle sensors, fixed and mobile LPR cameras, loops, officer handhelds, off-street parking equipment, maintenance and cash collection tasks, online web payments, pay by phone transaction, digital signage and driver guidance mapping tools.
Each of these devices and applications capture highly accurate parking and traffic-related data, which are wirelessly transmitted to PEMS in real-time. PEMS quickly processes this information, and sends the associated occupancy, guidance and overstay information to drivers, officers and operations staff, allowing them to make informed and efficient decisions while on the go.
The information from PEMS helps authorities to optimise their parking and enforcement operations, and introduce strategies to attain an eighty-five per cent parking occupancy rate, the global benchmark for curbside parking. According to Professor Shoup, an 85% occupancy/15% availability split will help improve parking performance in three ways –
- On-street parking will perform more efficiently. If all but one or two spaces are occupied on every block, parking will be well utilised but also readily available.
- The transportation system will perform more efficiently. Eliminating drive cruising for on-street parking which means less congested traffic, less wasted fuel, less polluted air, and less wasted driver time.
- More efficient local economy. In commercial districts, drivers will park, buy something, and leave promptly, allowing other customers to use the spaces.
Using PEMS, authorities can implement smart civic management strategies including ‘dynamic pricing’, ‘guided driving’, ‘guided enforcement’ and ‘predictive routing’ to reduce congestion and deliver a better user experience for all.
The city and residents
PEMS and all wirelessly enabled in-field parking and enforcement devices create a smart, integrated parking platform. With greater access to real-time data, traffic congestion is reduced, the stress of parking for citizens is eliminated and city pollution is diminished. As PEMS streamlines parking operations, management benefits from a considerable return on investment, increasing the efficiency of employees and therefore reducing costs while generating profits.
To make the most of the PEMS platform in your city, get in touch with Duncan Solutions today and download our brochure.